Sheet List - 21 sheets measuring 24" x 36"
- Cover sheet, information, Elevation
- Site Plan, 1"=35'
- Ground Floor/Basement Plan, 1/4"=1'-0"
- First Floor Plan, 1/4"=1'-0"
- Attic Plan, 1/4"=1'-0"
- Roof Plan, 1/4"=1'-0"
- North (Entry) Elevation, 1/4"=1'-0"
- East Elevation, 1/4"=1'-0"
- South Elevation, 1/4"=1'-0"
- West Elevation, 1/4"=1'-0"
- 2 sheets of Sections, 1/4"=1'-0"
- 6 sheets of Interior and Exterior Details, various scales
- 2 sheets of outbuildings, including kitchen, dairy and octagonal privy
Poplar Forest, a National Historic Landmark and a masterpiece of design by Thomas Jefferson, was built for himself as an escape from Monticello when life there was too busy. The house is octagonal, with a half-basement containing service rooms, principal rooms on the main floor and a spacious attic.
The prints you are purchasing are crisp, high resolution black line copies on white bond paper. Any photos shown in the description are informational only and are NOT included in your purchase. The original, public domain drawings were prepared by the Historical American Building Survey and rest in the Library of Congress.
IMPORTANT - IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO BUILD: These plans are NOT complete architectural drawings as will be required by your local permitting agency and do not contain all the structural, waterproofing and other details and information necessary for construction. Nor are they designed to meet current building codes. These are measured drawings of actual historic American homes that provide accurate design information about these homes. Your local builder or architect should be able to adapt these drawings and add to them as necessary.